How to Choose an Online Casino
The thrill of the ball tumbling around the glistening roulette wheel, the anticipation at the turn of the card, the spectacular spinning slots. Once exclusive to the bright lights of Las Vegas and other brick-and-mortar casino establishments around the world, casino gaming is now immediately accessible from the comfort of your own home thanks to the wonders of the internet.
One of the fastest-growing industries in the initial boom of the internet age, real money online casino gaming continues to be immensely popular with players right across the globe.
The options can seem endless when attempting to select an online casino, and one of the most common queries for people scanning casino news websites is, “How do I choose the best site for me?”
Whilst all casino players will have their individual tastes and preferences, there are nevertheless a few key factors which all players should at least take into consideration.
Online Casinos: Key Features
- Check Licence and Registration: The first two items on this list aren’t just key, they are absolutely essential. Before you even consider signing up to an online casino, be sure to check that they are correctly licenced and regulated to operate in your county of residence. Thankfully, this is relatively quick and easy to do. Simply scroll to the foot of the site’s home page to find all relevant licencing and registration details together with related links.
- Ensure the site is Safe and Secure: Being an online gambling site, at some point, you will likely wish to deposit and withdraw money. As such it is imperative that you only select a site which employs sufficient security measures to protect all of your information. Only consider sites with an SSL certificate. How do you know if a site has one? Simply check the address bar of the website for the presence of the padlock symbol.
- Good Selection of Payment Options: The majority of reputable online casinos offer debit cards and a selection of e-wallets as a minimum. Nevertheless, it is sound advice to check that an online casino accepts your payment method of choice before signing up. Again, this information will usually be conveniently located on the home page of the site.
- Customer Service: Online casino sites should at the very least offer an email customer service feature, with many also featuring telephone and Live Chat facilities. Chances are you may not run into any problems when using a site, but it is nevertheless good to know that someone will be available to answer any queries that you do have. Good advice here is to try a test query via email or Live Chat before signing up.
- Variety of Games: When signing up to a new site, you are of course going to want to play your favourite games, whether that be roulette, blackjack, or the huge array of online slots currently available. A quick scan of the games lobby will enable you to confirm that your games of choice are available.
- Great Value Sign-Up Bonus: In such a competitive industry, all sites should offer an incentive to choose them over the competition – be that through a matched deposit bonus, Free Bets, Free Spins, or other. If the site you are considering doesn’t offer a new player offer which is attractive to you, you will most likely find one elsewhere.
Having ensured that an online casino ticks all of the above boxes, the final thing to remember is that online casino gaming is part of the entertainment industry and is therefore supposed to be fun. Set a budget, stick to it, and only play with what you can afford to lose.
Photo by Chris Liverani on Unsplash