How to Start Playing Microgaming Jackpots
The online video slot industry is getting more competitive by the day. There are dozens of software developers that try to enter the market and engage a large player base by offering exciting gameplay and rewarding jackpots.
However, not a lot of software developers do it the right way. When talking about the best video slot developers in the industry, we can’t leave out Microgaming, a company that’s been around since 1994 when online casinos were still in their infancy.
In this article, we are going to talk about the most popular Microgaming products, and tell you how to find them and start playing them.
Different Types of Microgaming Jackpots
First, we’re going to help you get familiar with different types of jackpots you can win while playing Microgaming games. Then, we’ll dive into details and list a number of games and casinos where you can find Microgaming titles.
There are several types of video slot jackpots that can be found in plenty of Microgaming games:
- Fixed jackpots — The majority of Microgaming’s slots come with fixed jackpots. The term ‘fixed’ relates to the fact that these jackpots have a predetermined maximum amount that doesn’t rise or fall. The fixed jackpot is unlocked when you connect the best possible combination of symbols, and it can be lower or higher depending on how much you are willing to wager.
- Progressive jackpots — These are the real deal! A game with a progressive jackpot like Mega Moolah can be the most rewarding game you can play in an online casino. The way these jackpots work is that they rise every time a player places a wager. Multiple players can play the game at the same time, and a percentage of their collective wagers go into the same pot. Progressive jackpots can be worth millions of dollars, and the highest Microgaming progressive jackpot ever won was over $20 million.
- Linked jackpots — A linked jackpot is a single jackpot that can be won on multiple games. Namely, there can be several games that are all interconnected and offer the same reward. This mechanic is really interesting as it gives you a chance to land a big jackpot by also letting you choose which game you want to win it on.
Most Popular Microgaming Slots
Over the last 26 years, Microgaming has created over 500 online casino games, most of which are video slots. Although some of their best video slots were made years ago, people still enjoy playing them.
Here are some of the most popular Microgaming video slots today:
- Mega Moolah — The king of all video slots! Mega Moolah is a safari-themed video slot that’s best known for its Jackpot Wheel feature through which you can win the game’s potentially massive progressive jackpot. The highest progressive jackpot ever won on Mega Moolah was worth over 20 million US dollars.
- Thunderstruck — This is another awesome game with plenty of bonus features that will allow you to create rewarding combos. Thunderstruck is best known for its retro comic book-style theme. In 2010, Microgaming released Thunderstruck II, a better version of the original game with a few added features and more impressive graphics.
- Immortal Romance — This title is constantly ranked as one of the best video slot games on the market. It has high volatility and an above-average RTP of 96.86%. The game’s best feature is the Chamber of Spins bonus game.
- Game of Thrones — Due to the huge success of the show, Microgaming bought the right to use the Game of Thrones logo and its characters in this masterfully created themed slot. There are two versions of the game, one with 15 and the other with 243 paylines.
- Major Millions — This is another Microgaming title with a progressive jackpot. While not as rewarding as Mega Moolah, this war-themed game can still land you a couple of million if you play it at the right time.
How to Find Microgaming Jackpots
Microgaming is one of the most reputable software developers in the iGaming industry. Therefore, no major online casino operator will miss the opportunity to fill its website with Microgaming titles.
So, as long as you decide to play on a top-rated casino site, the chances are that you are going to run into some of Microgaming’s most popular jackpot games like Mega Moolah and Major Millions.
A good place to start is finding a no deposit online casino Canada, where you can begin gaming without breaking the bank. You may opt for higher minimum deposits for higher rewards, but there’s no harm in starting off safe.
Moreover, these casinos will have plenty of bonuses in the form of free spins that are usually compatible with Microgaming titles.
Pros and Cons of Microgaming Jackpot Games
Microgaming jackpots are great in many ways, but that is not to say that they don’t have flaws. With that said, here are some of the most prominent pros and cons of these games.
- Extremely high rewards — With a bit of luck, you could win millions of dollars with only a single spin.
- Easy to learn and play — Just because these games are rewarding, it doesn’t mean that they are complicated in any way. Even beginner players can find their way around playing these games.
- Exciting bonus features — Microgaming jackpot slots are more than just a base game. There are plenty of bonus features you can unlock, and this is exactly where the highest rewards are hidden.
- Low RTP — Jackpot slots usually have a very low RTP (below 90%). This makes them very risky to play as you will likely lose a lot of money in the long run.
- Maximum bet requirements — While this is not necessarily true for all Microgaming progressives, most of these games require you to place the maximum bet if you want to become eligible for the jackpot.
Photo by mauRÍCIO SANTOS on Unsplash