Guide to Finding the Best Casino Promo Codes
Business for online casinos is booming and growing at a fantastic rate. There are hundreds of online casinos with more opening all the time. This is not only good for casinos but also provides players with a lot more options when looking for an online gambling site. It is a competitive market and casinos often offer bonuses in order to attract new players and retain existing ones. Players can claim bonuses through the use of bonus codes or promo code.
Bonuses You Can Claim with Promo Codes
There are a number of different bonuses online casinos offer. The most common types of bonuses include:
- No deposit bonuses: These are bonuses to entice new players to register to the site. The bonus is credited to the new players account once they have registered to the casino and entered the code. Typically, this is a onetime bonus and cannot be claimed if the player has previously registered to the site. It may be free spins on a slot, a free chip or even a cash bonus.
- Welcome bonus: Welcome bonuses are intended to get new users to deposit money to their account. This is generally a form of matching deposit, where the casino matches your deposit with additional funds that can range anywhere from a 100% to 400% or even higher. For example, if your first deposit is $100 and the casino is offering a 200% bonus your account will be credited with an additional $200. Free spins or free chips may also be included. These bonuses are only available to players making their first deposit
- Matching Bonuses: Matching bonuses are when the casino matches your deposits with additional funds. This is usually the form that welcome bonuses take. The only difference is that a welcome bonus is only paid on first deposits.
- Free Spins/Free Plays: These bonuses give a certain amount of spins/plays on slots and other casino games.
Bonuses are basically given to players for completing 1 of 2 actions:
- Registering to a casino
- Depositing money to a casino
Online casinos have many different names for their promotions: Sign up bonus, welcome bonus, weekend bonus, TGIF bonus and many more but they all come down to the player registering to a site or depositing money to a site
Bonus Terms and Conditions You Should Be Aware Of
Online casinos usually attach certain terms and conditions to their bonuses that must be met in order to withdraw your winnings. Some of the most common include:
- Wagering Requirements: Wagering requirements are basically how many times you have to bet the amount of bonus you receive. For example, if you receive a bonus of $100 with a wagering requirement of 30x, you will have to wager $3000 before you can withdraw from your account. Wagering requirements are also known as “play through” and “rollover”.
- Game Restrictions: Free spins/plays are usually only allowed to be used on specific games designated by the casino
- Withdraw limits: When you win money using bonuses some online casinos may put a cap on the amount of money you can withdraw from those winnings
These terms and conditions are a common practice and vary from bonus to bonus and casino to casino. Check these requirements to avoid surprises later on. Also a smaller bonus may be more worthwhile if the terms and conditions are less restrictive.
Finding Promo Codes
So where can you find promo codes so that you can claim a bonus. The best places to look include:
- Online Casinos: Many online casinos will feature their welcome bonus prominently on their site. They also usually have a “Promotions” page that lists the current bonuses available, requirements to claim the bonus, and the promo code for each bonus. You will be able to check the Promotions page without registering to the site.
- Social Media: A lot of online casinos maintain a strong social media presence and have accounts on sites like Facebook and Twitter. These are a good place to find promo codes as the casinos will often provide codes for short-term promotions that they haven’t bothered to put on their site. If the casino is active on social media, check their account frequently as promo codes may expire, and new ones are often posted. Online casinos will sometimes have links to their social media accounts at the bottom of their Homepage or in their “Contacts” section.
- Coupon sites: Some coupon sites will have promo codes for different casinos.
- Review sites: Casino review sites like NoDepositz provide a lot of useful information in their reviews. They let the reader know what license the casino holds, how long it has been in business, deposit and withdrawal methods available and the various games a casino offers. Essentially you will learn what to expect from the site they are reviewing. They also usually include information about a casino’s promotions along with the promo codes. Review sites are a great way to both learn about a casino and find promo codes.
- Google: Do a Google search for promo codes. If you are interested in a promo code for a specific casino search “promo codes for *name* casino” and you will get a list of sites back that you can check for promo codes
Choosing the Best Promo Codes
So you know where to find promo codes but which are the best? In general, the best promo codes are for no deposit bonuses. No deposit bonuses require you to register to a casino but you aren’t required to deposit any money to claim the bonus. There may be some strict conditions to claim the bonus, but there is no risk involved.
Before depositing any money and claiming a bonus, be sure to check the terms and conditions that apply and make sure you understand all the requirements. As long as you do your research you will have no problem finding some great promo codes.
Photo by Gina Smith on Unsplash